had a safe and happy Christmas yesterday! My girls didn't get much this year, but they were thrilled with what they did get. Aislin is only 4, but Alyssa is so understanding and mature when it comes to knowing that Mommy can't afford much right now.
I have been fighting a migraine all night. After all the presents were opened yesterday, we were sitting and watching a movie Alyssa got, and a migraine hit me so suddenly that I thought I was having a stroke. For those of you who get migraines, it was the type that no type or amount of medication makes it go away, and if you even blink your head throbs. I hate it when my head throbs with my pulse. It makes me want to put a gun to my head, it was that bad.
I still have it, though it's not throbbing. If I sit still and not move too much then it's ok. Although my neck hurts from having to sleep sitting up.
I decided to make resolutions for the new year, which is odd because I NEVER make resolutions. I have tried to make resolutions before, like quit smoking or lose weight or finish a project. I know my limitations, and I know that I will never follow through with them. I always had good intentions, but well...I'm a procrastinator. And let's face it, when the kids are in bed, I'm a lazy ass. Plus I get bored with my projects and always have a desire to start something new. But this year I'm going to try to make time.
So these are my resolutions for 2008:
1. Finish Guardian, which is my longest running TW wip.
2. Finish Desiderata, which I just started.
3. Finish my neice's birth sampler by her 1st birthday in May.
4. Stitch 1 ornament a month.
5. Join the local EGA and go to the meetings/stitch ins. There's a chapter right here in town! I need a night or two a month to myself.
1. Teach at least 1 class a term with UOP online.
2. Pick up at least 1 more freelance editing job.
3. Get my beading and calligraphy businesses up and going. My brother-in-law really needs to send me the logo that he designed for my beading business. I have a logo and business card designs for the calligraphy, I just need a brochure to go to the local stationary stores. The websites also need to be designed. Obviously, right now this won't be a full-time thing, but one day I hope that I won't have to work full time, and I can just freelance and have my businesses.
1. Continue in my dance class. I'm having a blast in there and I can feel my muscles getting stronger.
2. Join a gym. There's 1 here in town that's only $10 a month. I think I can afford that. I was also told that a good exercise regime consists of a mixture of cardio (dance) and muscle training (weights).
3. Lose 20 pounds. It seems I can't write that without laughing for some reason!
4. Pay off 2 credit cards.
5. Save at least $5000 by the end of the year (not including what I get back in taxes).
6. Probably the most important of all: Have at least 2 Alyssa-only dates a month. She feels resentful sometimes that Aislin takes up so much of my time. So even if it means that Alyssa and I go to the movies, or out to dinner, or to her favorite store, or whatever, I'm going to make time for just us two.
I think that's it. It seems like a really tall order when I read back over it, and I think I may have to adjust it in places as the year progresses. There's only so much I can do when I work full time, and freelance, and have kids to take care of. I wonder if I'm asking too much of myself?
I guess we'll find out at the end of 2008.