More dragony goodness...

and another progress picture. This means that I have been working slowly and steadily on Guardian. I haven't been working on him every day, but have made it a point to do at least touch him every few days. Here he is as of Sunday night (as usual, click on the picture for a bigger version):


Why, yes! The whole right side is finished. Thank you for asking! The needle organizer has done wonders with how fast I am getting this done. I may not stitch as quickly as...well...everyone else...but the organizer has stepped it up. I was spending soooo much time threading one needle that I wasn't stitching much.

Instead of carrying over and continuing on the sky or the dragon, I decided to try out some of the knotwork border. Those of you who has worked on a TW know that Teresa doesn't do anything simple. This border is no different, though it does give the piece something extra and will be gorgeous when finished. I just think I may have to go back between picture and border to prevent my throwing Guardian across the room. I don't want him to end up in the "I don't love you anymore pile."

Lots of non-stitching related things have been going on here. Friday was my baby's 7th birthday. We got her hair done, a mani/pedi, went to Build-a-Bear Workshop, had Krabby Patties for dinner, saw "Ramona and Beezus" and she got a new "big girl" bike. What a long day but she said it was the best birthday ever! My teenager spent a half hour at WM picking out her sister's new bike: looking, test driving, comparing. She was determined to get sister the best bike ever, and she did a great job!

Also, an old old friend of mine was heading back to Colorado from Iraq and he stopped by NC for a few days. It was so much fun and it was a blast reminiscing about what our lives were like 20 years ago. My teenager was in awe that this man was almost her father.

Only a month left until it's back to school? I hope everyone gets to squeeze a bit more fun out of their summer!


Two finishes...

in a year? Must be a record!

I've been working on this guy off and on for many years. It's Classic Santa by DVG for Kreinik. Stitched with silk mori and blending filament on 40 ct silk gauze. He's a little larger than a quarter. Click for a bigger, blurrier version.

Classic Santa

I finally get to take a piece off of my long WIP/UFO list! Definitely a happy dance for me!

And now to see what else I have that's close to being finished!


A castle and a tail...

is now finished on TW's Guardian. I can't believe it took me 14 years to get that far! On top of that, I can't believe that it took me so long to figure out to use a needle organizer! I used one on TW's Wedding Sampler for my sister, and I use one for my other larger projects. But for some reason I thought that the floss organizer that came with the kit was good enough.

Not. Even. Close.

But here he is after a week of work. You can see how he looked previously in my webshots album. Click on the pic for a bigger version.

Looking good!

My mom bought Aislin a little cross stitch kit of a butterfly. She has been dying to learn how to cross stitch, but since she's only 6 I wasn't sure if she was old enough. Trying to teach Alyssa was a nightmare! But she did great and LOVES it! I will definitely post a finished picture.