11.24.2007

I seriously do NOT know...

what is wrong with me. I feel like I can't even follow a pattern anymore.

I put Desiderata away for a bit so I can get some ornaments done. I am doing a baby's first Christmas ornament for my sister's baby, and there's a simple rhodes stitch done in an oval shape. Of course it doesn't line up when I get all the way around. I'm getting seriously concerned about my brain...I don't think I'm processing things the way I should. Either that, or I just can't concentrate because there's so much going on. I'll go with the latter.

I have several ornaments planned for my family. I think I'm going to do TW's Intermediate Whitework Ornament for everyone in different colors of DMC's Color Variations. Instead of just sewing printed fabric to the back like I usually do, I'm going to put the person's name and the year on the back. I hope they look ok, and if I can get started, that would be even better!

The SBQ for October 10th is very interesting:

What for you means to achieve mastery as a stitcher?

Mastery as a stitcher means that a person can do all the stitch types equally well, without having to refer to a diagram for every step. The stitches are neither too tight nor too loose, and they all have the same tension. It also means that a person finishes projects, not necessarily fast finishes, but finishes just the same. Finishing also means framing, making into ornaments or bellpulls, etc. There is a completed, finished product to display, not something that is languishing in drawer or closet. I only know a few people who I would consider master stitchers. Unfortunately...

...I'm not one of them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just have to tell you How Impressed I am ! (add a smile to your day) Looking for an ebay item w/ sunshine in it... I stumbled into your blog and just had to read a bit! I do a bit of cross stitch - and have been "on hiatus". BUT WOW - the photo of the ornament you are making for each family member caused me to GASP !! And of course I bookmarked it. Your writing ability immediately drew me in --- so hi and happy holidays and I shall return !!
g'ma in minnesota

Sandy said...

Thank you Sharon! Your comments did make me smile :) I will be posting pictures of the ornaments as I finish them. Thanks for visiting!

Sandy