11.29.2007

I finished stitching...

my neice's first Christmas ornament, but I have to figure out how I want to put it together. I found some instructions on how to make twisted cord and tassels, but I'm not sure if I want to make a pillow or flat type of ornament. I suppose I'll get a picture up when it's completely finished.

I am working on the first of TW's ornaments for Christmas presents. I started with my sister's, and it's really pretty. The thread that I talked about in a previous post is really nice thread with a good color change. It's subtle but not, if that makes any sense. Anyway, DSis's is in blues and purples. I hope I get them all done before Christmas! I think I have about 7 to do (8 if I do one for myself!).

I was going to answer this week's SBQ on this post, but it's a fairly complicated topic dealing with death (which I don't deal well with at all). So I need to do a great deal of thinking about it, and if I come up with something worth posting, I will.

I have also been on the hunt for an urn plate for my Shadow's urn. I have probably until after the new year to find something because the pottery maker who is designing it is busy with orders for Christmas. But none of the plates that I've seen seem to suit me or do justice to what Shadow meant to me. I would like to have something etched, like a picture of me and Shadow, or just of Shadow herself. But everything I see is so...business-like...and dull. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too picky. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Oh, and because I am so dense sometimes I didn't think that designers would take designs off of their sites. So I went through my WIP links and updated them.

Sheesh!

No comments: