5.15.2009

Apparently...

the adage "Be careful what you wish for" is right on target. In previous posts, I complained that I had too many jobs and not enough free time. Well, guess what? Yep, that's right! I haven't any jobs right now. Well, that's not entirely true. My full time, put-food-on-the-table job, well the company is downsizing and outsourcing. That was good money too! But I do have my part time online teaching still. Not much but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

And so, as I have some free time, I decided to go back to school. I am going to finish up my certification for Elementary Education. I have been doing this for several years...taking a class here and there and then taking time off. Maybe now I will get it finished so I can actually teach.

I did start back on the Bride's Tree ornaments for my sister and brother-in-law. I have no idea what I was thinking when I thought an over one swirly fish was a good idea. You'll see what I mean when it's finished.

On the positive side, I did get back to my niece's birth sampler. Her birthday was May 12, and I was hoping to have this finished by the end of April but that didn't happen, again. One of the colors used in the sampler is a very light varigated pink. The thread is hand painted Japanese silk, and oh-so-yummy! Unfortunately, it wasn't a good design choice, and it didn't show up on the white linen. So begrudgingly, I had to hit the local LNS and get something in the same color family but dark enough for it to show up on the linen. I didn't get silk, but I did get a very pretty overdyed, and it shows up nicely! So this will be the focus piece until it's done.

I have some catching up to do on the QOTW and update my blog, as a lot of things are out of date. But since I have all this free time now...

...bring on the beach!

No comments: